Friday, January 30, 2015

we'll keep this one here

My friend wrote or posted or said or shared or it doesn't matter anymore.


I know what I bring to the table.
So trust me when I say I'm not afraid to eat alone.





I don't reply other than to say here in this very private space, Stop it.




Look.

I have forty thousand photos, over actually (it's ridiculous). My friend Willie would understand, and he would also understand when I tell you.

Not in one of those over forty thousand test slides was a human ever truly alone.


A motto of Joann Kelly Carney Day. 
"You are never alone."




That little voice in the back of my head just whispered and laughed, 
"Oh yeah. Books are your friends."

Then I think, Alright. I'm okay with that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so vain, I think this song is about me.

Shea Goff said...

I've always thought all the songs were about you.