Sunday, January 4, 2015

old flame (that's funny)

I have yet to throw away all of our shared life.
I still listen to some of the old music while sitting by boxes on the porch.
When I miss you most is in the middle of the night and first thing in the morning and 

outside.

Which is ridiculous.
I have to find new ways to love.
You took up so much of my life.

So,
1.     the rides
2.     the walks
3.     the visits
4.     the sweeping of the porch
5.     picking up sticks
6.     there will be work

No need to worry. I’ll be alright.



Today I am grateful for the opportunity to do a book review. 





Call of the day comes from caller number one.


Go check your mailbox.

It’s raining. Torrential downpour type of thing.

You probably have something in there.

You sent me something.

Somebody did.

I’ll put on my housecoat and black knit You be trippin’ hat and I’m going to get wet and if it’s a book do you want me to call you back.

Hmmmm. You don’t have to get it.

Oh I am. I am going to get wet and I am going to risk being attacked by a raccoon in the dark and maybe it’s a movie and not a book. You know I stopped smoking. Right?

Don’t worry about calling me back.

Oh, I’m calling back. 





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you don't have my number, wait maybe you do?

Shea Goff said...

Nope. Don't have your number. You're anonymous. You don't want me to have it, and I respect that.