Wednesday, December 17, 2014

the best guy I ever knew's life

(one of the best things you can ever do is take Santa photos of kids. it is supercalifragelisticexpialidocious. what up? I just failed the spelling bee)


Even if at the beginning of the day it started as a sliver of iffy.
And there once was this something.
That travelled to the end of the earth.
The something grew until it couldn’t grow anymore.

That’s when they started to dance.
The people.
The planet.
The sun.

Because when one thing ends another begins.
People go. People come.

But once upon a one time there was this kid.
He grew in a land of plenty and began to know what he wanted from the earth.
And what he wanted to give it in return.

And that kid, man.
That kid could do anything he wanted.
He knew it.
I knew it.
The planets circle the sun.
Call the world. The world.

And here’s what I want to say to you.
that kid who I took to the zoo and we played soccer forever live Sipsey.

I am planet. 
You are sun.

You are the best thing that ever was and will continue to be.
The everything.

It’s scary. 
How awesome you are.



Do not worship idols they say, but we do worship our children.

You know. 
Us. 
People.
Everywhere.
We love them.




Today I am grateful to feel no disappointment, no forgiveness from me needed. I am grateful to know a man who did the best he could with the tools he was handed. I am grateful to know a man who knows how to work.

Who is brilliant.

As is his future.
If you know him go ahead and give that guy a hug.
He deserves it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I know him. I love him,MORE!!! He is the best. He will get through this life because he works hard and never gives up. You taught him well! I love you,MORE........

Shea Goff said...

I love you too, Nan. When you're giving him that hug please tell him to give you one back for me.

Chantel said...

This brought tears to my eyes...the magic that is motherhood all grown up and lovely.