Monday, December 29, 2014

one place leads to another

in the world we attend


crazy has places to hide in
that are deeper than any goodbye.
Leonard Cohen





Today we picked up a pinecone.
This place is littered with them, and we forgot one at the place yesterday.
We could pick up one here, but it has to be authentic.
More driving.
It's still cloudy.

Anyway.
It's not that far away.

Justin's camp is just up or down or over the road.
We will pick up a pinecone and take it to him.

I'll tell you why on the way, but I'll whisper it to you.
Because this is shame.
Shame it's been over two years since I've seen him.
Shame in the shape of a pinecone from a tree which grows on a place he loves.
Shame I haven't done more with our lives.
Shame I can just walk away.
Shame that seems to be a talent of mine.
Shame. I wear it.

But it doesn't have to be.
I think Justin came to teach me in the form of he needs us.


Today I am grateful to be confronted with the chance to help is not only at the house but to the left or right outside the door, up over or down the road.



The call of the day comes from caller number one.


Well with your soul?


I may never get well with my soul. None of us may. Maybe that's the risk we take and how forgiveness became.













No comments: