Saturday, December 27, 2014

essentials





Hey.
I have to tell you something.


This drive, I need it.

The Quick Stop.
The I shoulda stopped.
The reservoir.

The creek is up.
And so are more limbs.



Mrs. Carolyn’s tangerines.
From Louisiana, I think.
Straight off the tree, I know.
Somebody needs to be selling something like that. It’s gold.



You .
You are funny with this change in life.
You don’t even want to get out of the car when we get home.
Our life was on the run before.
You went everywhere I did.


Then.
We stopped.
I don’t know why that is.


But here’s what I love. We’re starting again.




Today I am grateful for this drive. You and me, we need it.



Today's call of the day goes to caller number one.


Do you have to have someone?

Of course, more someones make it even better but then you can have too much.

Too much or too many?

You're right. Sometimes it does feel like that when you're trying to mother the world.

Why would you mother the world?

Well I guess I think it needs it since it sounds pretty insane from what I hear.

What are you going to do?

I think I'm doing it.

Is that all?

No.           I know I could do more, but here's what I'm doing for now. Coming soon to a community near you is a chance for service after a study in history. This is what happens when your cohorts are grand philanthropists. Education is a service industry manned by people who want to save the world.






You'll meet Lynnita.
And we'll definitely continue to go on these rides we need.


Of course you know the blogs I'll be visiting.

Luckyshirt.
Find the Starlight.
Seth Godin
Chantel (if she'll ever write again. don't you miss that?)
pennyforanoldguy
A Thousand Fragments
I'll see places with Trey Ratcliff.
And study photography through Joe McNally.


There will be some magazines. Legends and eat.drink.Mississippi and Desoto because of Karen. Kim will still be around taking calls. Dad will be walking. Mom will be taking care of Wyatt and cooking and beaching it and we're going to both start walking. Slater and Shelbs, we are going to try and keep up because those two are living beautiful lives. But community, too, is way up there on the list.















2 comments:

Chantel said...

I have a list every day...and sometimes my list has sublists and addendums and notes. :) This morning, reading you was between "begin broth for soup" and "vacuum 2nd floor." (you far outrank all housework, my friend)

Here's to lists and laughter and friends that remind us that not making time for self is perhaps unwise. xo

Shea Goff said...

Amen, sister.