Sunday, December 14, 2014

apprehension


in five days you will overcome your fear of falling.
or heights. heights is what you call it.
for you this will not be some new life pattern of risk.
it's simply an instant which will or will not contribute to something lesser or greater than.
something you can tell your friends, and one day maybe even your kids.
a marker in your personal history.
in five days will be the day you did it.



that emptiness you're feeling,
it won't go away.
it is simply a place where every now and then you'll have to visit.
paint a picture of it,
put it on a wall or in a box at the bottom of a closet.
tell someone or hold onto it as though you're protecting them.
in five days you'll forget it.
at least for that instant.





what she said, what will continue to whisper in the back of your head

is

if you're running
don't run from
instead run to

it.


until five days from now you said to simply forget it.
and I nodded when you said it.



Today I am grateful to have a space to write.









































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the way you say what you say , without saying what you say. Know what I'm saying?

Shea Goff said...

Thank you. I suspect it's me just trying to break something to myself gently. We'll see.