Thursday, November 20, 2014

the give, the take


He has had his number changed three times since we met. I know what you're thinking, but he always gives me the next one. He is not trying to run away from me.

This relationship has turned into one of those you'd miss them if they left. Like a hostage situation where they have someone you think you need in your life and they say give me your blow pop and you're all like but it's green apple and they're Exactly. Give me the green apple blow pop or you'll never talk to this guy again.

So you have to. You have to admit to yourself that you would give up a green apple blow pop to continue a conversation you've been having for the last nine years.

This is the part of the story when he and I both say, Nine years? You're kidding me, and all at once that question/statement means it seems like yesterday and it feels like forever and it is scary. In fact it would be easier to sky dive than admit someone has you in a hostage situation.

Because.

What if one day you ran out of the blow pops and you couldn't save someone and


you know what I mean.



Or not.



We'll just leave this one here for now.





Today I am grateful for a particular conversation.

No comments: