Saturday, November 8, 2014

look up



In a previous chapter I had this face of a card I had taped to the wall behind a plantation shudder above my kitchen sink. It was one of three. I don't remember what the other ones read, but I do remember this one said, "Just look up." 

Back in those days, as a single mom, I read that as Look to the heavens, the sky, and know it's going to be alright.

This morning I remembered that card and realized that now for me it means Pull your chin up, chic, and look at what is right in front of you. It doesn't matter if everything is going to be alright, because you are right here now.


Today I am grateful for this golden hour when time slows and I get to contemplate the meaning behind the face of a card I threw away a couple of years ago.


And sleep. It was great to get some sleep last night.




2 comments:

grannie said...

you always know what to say. thank you for your words and pictures. love you.

Shea Goff said...

Oh good. Thank you, and I love you too.