Saturday, September 20, 2014

Theo's view


Once upon a time there was this guy who rocked the t-shirt world. Looking back now it seems almost too simplistic of a plan. Or not even one.

Yeah he had been planning. Reading. Discussing it with his wife, but the day he decided to do it was not a day he had carefully chosen to turn in his notice. That note, which he had written in his head at least a few times but putting it on paper, handing it to someone else, making his intentions known, the timing of that was more impulsive. I have done no studies but believe that most of those types of decisions are done in much the same manner. The actual severing of ties usually comes after a long period of discontent. Years even when the mind was given the opportunity to carefully consider choice.

I heard about it maybe the next day or the day after that. I don’t even remember who told me, but I remember calling him.

Yo, homey. You need the muumuu?

What?

The muumuu you and Priscilla gave me for my retirement. I hear you retired.

No, you keep it. He laughed.

He had been doing t-shirts for eight years. His art major was printmaking. A barn across the road was a prime location. He had already bought a piece of equipment. It was time to buy the rest, and he had the money to do it. He and his daughter could be put on the health insurance at his wife’s job.

His daughter, she was one and a half then.

There is more to this story, but I need to get a little nap before getting to work this morning.



Today I am grateful to work alongside my brother.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool, I want a Creek Royalty t-shirt with a pocket. Creek scene on the back, maybe a tree with a rope swing hanging over the creek and a unique saying or a name of some backwoods dirt road across the shoulders. Put Creek Royalty on the pocket. Thanks in advance.

Shea Goff said...

You're so kind.
And specific.

Anonymous said...

Is that a yes, maybe or no?

Shea Goff said...

I'll have to ask my brother, but I already know that type of work is expensive. I'd get a t-shirt since who doesn't need another t-shirt, but artwork/screens/shirts/labor would add up to making these some expensive apparel. Do you still want me to ask him? Also, I'll need to know your name, contact info and size. If you don't want to put that information here you can email me at sheagoff@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't expecting that, guess I'll have to stay anonymous. Would be a cool shirt.