Saturday, April 26, 2014

steps. dots. reality checks.

Crazy has places to hide in.


They are photos of a group of students who were selected by their peers to represent the most, the -est.

It is a beautiful day.
We are on a trail by a lake.

I don't know it yet, but I will soon be thinking about what we tell these students, our kids, when they graduate.

Of course, everyone has read this commencement speech. My kid did, and the only thing we've had to add since then is that sometimes the most important person in the room is not the image of your idealism. It is the person who signs your paycheck and working to live and living to work are two very different things but knowing the difference will help keep you sane.


Today I am grateful for the reminder that some jobs are just a dot and that is the beauty of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good read, makes me wanna quit my job, even more.

Shea Goff said...

We're not quitters, anonymous.