Saturday, April 19, 2014

invitation

Little Bird



It is an email, something I almost miss because of my inclination to immediately trash most correspondence in my personal account these days. Because I don't own a cell phone and I don't text and I don't know how to handle the onslaught of most social media I now embrace being a relic. Oh, how I long for the good old days when we spelled entire words and sent stories and a new message was from an old friend.




It is an invitation, not to save 40% or show my support or sign up to meet for the 5K because I am an organ donor. Seriously. I am not showing up to that. I am not standing, walking or picnicking with my take whatever is left peers and being gassed for my you better get it now liver. I already know my value to you. I am not falling for that. 




It is from a blogger, an authentic, not for profit, appropriately personal letter. I am honored and humbled and can't help but think this is just what I needed. A space. Assignments. Other photographers. Stretch. Study. I have to get back to that. Of course the answer is yes.




An I am so very grateful for your kind invitation, yes.

No comments: