Monday, January 6, 2014

power of place





I didn't realize how much I missed the place until someone requested a downtown Como landscape yesterday. This was taken in the days before any major camera investment, before any lens changes. It was 2012 and my first request from a magazine publisher. Shouldn't I return just to see if I could do better now?

And eat at the steakhouse. And stay at the courtyard. And be one of the first customers at the Moon Hollow Farm and Country House. And listen to some blues. And see some old friends. And, and, and….

Obviously I would only be going in the pursuit of the perfect photo.


Today I am grateful to know Como.

5 comments:

grannie said...

sounds like you need to make a trip, go and enjoy yourself, just don't forget to take camera, love you

Anonymous said...

I like meat, picture also.

Shea Goff said...

Yes and I never forget my camera, Aunt Sue. (Typically last words spoken before I forget my camera) Love you too.


Carnivorous photog, Anonymous? Makes sense. Thank you.

Debi said...

I especially like the "seeing old friends" part! Miss you!!!

Shea Goff said...

Oh, Debi. I miss you, too! They're not giving me another chance to do a better job, but you'll have to tell me how it looks. It's supposed to be a billboard for Como. I'll keep looking to score a job up there so we can catch up.