Wednesday, October 2, 2013

when a friend redecorates a room



What I dream for her is a place where she feels safe and light streams and colors soothe and lines lead to smiles. I want fun and funky where she can laugh without needing anyone else around. Feet propped, two pillows just right, reading by a lamp it took her at least a year to find. I want her to remember her value is so much more than the things around her but the things around her assure her she is loved. And she's not alone because all she ever has to do is pick up a phone.


Today I am grateful to see a friend smile again, to hear a laugh I have not heard in years.
And that was the best thing I could have ever brought back from the ocean.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice.

Shea Goff said...

It was and I lingered as long as I possibly could.