Tuesday, October 29, 2013

pleasantly benign


photographed by student




Did you know that time stops at the event horizon of something falling into a black hole?

No. I did not know that.

Well, it's true.

Huh. I was just eating a bowl of stew and well, thank you. That's exactly what I needed to know.

Where does all that information go?

Um. 

Hawking says it's lost.

Okay.

.........

.........

Well, I guess I'll get back to my stew now. Bye.

Bye.








The phone rings.



Hello.

Time does not stop at the event horizon of something falling into a black hole.

I think I am going to start using "event horizon" in everyday conversation.

It just appears to stop because of light.

How do you use this information in your life?

I don't know.

You're reading Hawking's book because of that woman.

Yes. I don't understand anything about black holes.

Makes sense.





Today I am grateful for these friends in my life.


No comments: