Wednesday, September 18, 2013

the dog, the verb


His name is Dug because I dug him, he dug me and then he dug two holes. Then I had him fixed and found out he had mange and he had to stay away from the rest of the animal family which was strange since we had to go through three weeks of, No. You can't hang out with him. No, you can't hang out with them. You have to be isolated and don't touch anything and ohgoodgosh I know you want to be part of the family.


Of course there was Sue, the self proclaimed welcoming, let's all get along member of the family. Those two were hard to keep apart since Dug needed a friend and Sue is all about some friendship.





But we made it. We're on the other side of the mange and eliminating chances of babies and he's the guy, the one male in a family of five and nobody said he had to but he became the protector, the who are you stepping up on my porch, mister mister?




As for the other animals Silly is dealing with it, and Billy Sue just asks that she remain queen of the couch. At this point all of us understand the value of having a place you can call home.


Today I am grateful for what we didn't even know we needed.


No comments: