Friday, September 6, 2013

The Curiosity Shoppe



She tells me she cried, like a baby she says, and then apologizes to me. I laugh. Of course she did. This is a huge day for someone who is on the path of creating a lovely dream, who for years now has continued working at being the photographer, the leader, the entrepreneur, the everything she believed she could be. It wasn't always easy, I know, but just that fact makes her happiness resonate even more.

Today Dawn unlocked the door to a building she bought and renovated and a community rallied because she is living a story we believe for ourselves and each other.

This is one of those high five, fist pump, touchdown dance, American dream moments.
We need these in our lives.


Dawn Early, you go, girl. Thank you for such beautiful inspiration.

2 comments:

Edea Baldwin said...

It was such a privilege to be there for the grand opening. My girls knew Robbie as a softball coach, and I know Emma is smiling down from heaven at the beauty of The Curiosity Shoppe. It's the kind of shop she would have haunted. I love that Dawn and Robbie have given us one more reason not to drive elsewhere to find that perfect gift. And I appreciate their deep sense of place, of history, of the rightness of preserving the beauty of the past.

Edea Baldwin said...

It was such a privilege to be there for the grand opening. My girls knew Robbie as a softball coach, and I know Emma is smiling down from heaven at the beauty of The Curiosity Shoppe. It's the kind of shop she would have haunted. I love that Dawn and Robbie have given us one more reason not to drive elsewhere to find that perfect gift. And I appreciate their deep sense of place, of history, of the rightness of preserving the beauty of the past.