Sunday, September 8, 2013

paying our respects to Grandma Mac



It has become a greediness, the time I spend with him. A fear of how picking up my camera will change something which now seems more precious if for no other reason because he left me. When you're documenting everything is there just one something so sweet, so beyond description that you can just keep it for yourself?

Sure there is.


Stroud Photography, 1994


It does read tragic but it's not because where you left off you'll pick right back up and a road trip is all that much more because of less. What I am telling you, fellow human producers of other humans, do not fear. It just gets better and better every year.




Today I am so very grateful to have spent the last couple of days with that guy all grown up.





2 comments:

nan said...

Oh,I would have loved it more if there had be a grown up picture for me and Patsy on Grandparents Day!!!!!

Shea Goff said...

I know, I know. Totally selfish of me. Next time I see him I promise to take the time to get an official Belated Grandparents Day photo, Nan.