Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Josh's Madonna


The photo was black and white and taken between 1974 and 1975. The woman was twenty-two or twenty-three years old. It was her second child.


Three years later she would give birth to the artist, her third and last child.



Today he turns thirty-six years old. 
I was always curious to see what life would do to his art, but this past year it has been much more fun to watch what life did to him.





This, of course, has to come with a disclaimer. As someone who claims to be a photographer I have to note that I was testing light here and wasn't ready for what this was, and yes, I do realize that we are never supposed to put anything less than our best work out there.

But as this guy's sister I absolutely love this photo and what and who has happened to my baby brother this year. What a sweet birthday this is for him.



Today I am grateful for the smiles and the laughs and ohgoodgosh how much fun this is.


2 comments:

nan said...

I love it!!!!!

Shea Goff said...

Oh, Nan! You would have a blast with that baby.