Monday, June 3, 2013

slight contrast






Has anyone ever told you you look like your Daddy?

She says nothing. Looks at her Mom.

Her Mom replies for her, No. But people tell me that all the time.

There is laughter behind me.


------------


I am not going to tell you the story because well, look how innocent you are. Just the sweetest thing and if I had known your Dad would have looked so cute in a dress I would have tried to dress him in one. 




Today I am grateful for my siblings and their best friends and how our survival stories make us smile, laugh, slap each other on the back and say, Man. It's good to be here, isn't it?







3 comments:

Sylvia said...

Thank you for this. My beautiful perfect niece. Isn't she amazing? Just as perfect as her sister and brothers, but so uniquely Avery.

Chantel said...

So well said, it's good indeed. :)

Shea Goff said...

She is, Sylvia. Makes my heart smile.


Indeed, Chantel.