Friday, June 7, 2013

repetitive themes on a boom

Nobody ever accused me of being patient.




He will be here at noon thirty. He is seven hours and nine minutes away. I have learned to wait.


Like that song says, Good thing I am accident prone, because I will tell you right here and right now that I had nothing to do with this. This thing that happened when I received the call and I looked at my friend, my Mom, and we just stared at each other and I'm pretty sure I held my breath.


Then exhaled. Then explained.

It's just that I don't think I asked for it. It's just that it came, and right now, more than anything ever has, it feels like an answer to a prayer I never dreamed to pray.




The next sentence I know.
If I need to I will let go.




Today I am grateful for tides, for ebb and flow, for be like water, for all the teaching beyond math and science and english.




No comments: