Friday, June 21, 2013

diary of a carnivore





My theory is that if you want something for long enough then you should have it. 
This is not a proven theory. 
Nobody has done any controlled experiments.

In fact, this is an out of control experience, and ummm.

Those are my favorite.







So I have this article to do, and it's for that fabulous food magazine who has been so kind as to offer to pay me to eat and love. 

Yep. Thank you, JJ.





So I have this craving. Crazy, crazy, insane craving. A romance with food. 

I think about it. Sometimes I'll even dream about it. Most of the time I just eat nuts and fruit and vegetables but sometimes I allow myself long enough for it to become part of a dream.





Where I think, ya' know, I am going to imagine ways to love this, what it would be like to consume this. How it would feel to hold it, to have it close.





And once it has been long enough I'll just do it.
I'll say it.
I'll go after it.
I mean, if other people can have it every now and then, why can't I?





Why would I deprive myself?







Why?


I know. It was once a cow and I used to be a part of a family who raised cows and we showed cows and we sent the cow with the name to the butcher and that was some tasty absolute love.


Maybe this is where I am supposed to admit in some whisper.


I am a carnivore.




I told John, I want that cheesburger with a fried green tomato on top. I will pay for it. I want it. I have to have it. Please, please make me one of those.

He did.





Today I am so very grateful for someone who said, I gotta get in there and make that woman a burger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delicious, it,that,this,you know what I mean.

Shea Goff said...

Thank you, Anonymous. Delicious, yes.