Tuesday, May 28, 2013

that one





Yes, Jess. There are people in this world who make bad choices and sometimes we don't understand why and then we can think bad about ourselves because those people tell us we are bad. They either show through their words or their actions or neglect that we are sometimes less. But, Jess, that has nothing to do with you. That has nothing to do with you, child. Your value is not measured by them.
















What you learn from them, Jess.
Is what it feels like to be put down, to be disliked, to be unloved.










And then you turn to them and say thank you for the message.









And you continue to love as you feel is right because, Jess, that is what you are here for.

Grammie, how did you get so smart?

I had a Grandmother. Her name was Mamaw Moore, and she taught me that.




Today I am grateful for that one. That one person in our lives who taught us what to do.

For me, now it is my niece.

2 comments:

Chantel said...

Goodness, you say so much with so few words.

You inspire me that way...and to be more grateful for the things I often overlook. Love that. xo

Shea Goff said...

Your visits prove gratitude works, Chantel.