Wednesday, May 1, 2013

detach







I'm leaving.
Walking out the door, locking it behind me.







Stonewall Bed & Breakfast





I'm getting in my car, driving away.
I have never been so tentative about a trip.





Como Courtyard





First I had to say thank you and then trust.
Trust that we would all still be here and nobody would need me. 

Still. Mom has the number.






The Pines

Clarke County





Another let go in the form of the road which leads me there will grant me a return.
And life is an adventure
and the biggest fear we ever had was one of the unknown
and turn up the radio
and allow the wind to blow
and drive.
Go.

And I'm betting this is going to be good. Great even.
'Cause why would I bet any different on us.



I think I will come here during the next eleven days but I don't know anything for sure 'cause it's a road trip and there are no rules.







Today I am grateful to realize that each time I let go it became more evident I needed to do so.
















2 comments:

Johnny Boy said...

I just wanted to comment and tell you that I have caught up on your blog...it took about 22 hours of almost nonstop reading, but I have now covered the last three years of your life...and it is wonderful! All of it...there wasn't one single post where I thought "Oh, this could be better or more interesting." They were all PERFECT! I cannot WAIT to hear about how wonderful your adventure was, and I now want to go to the Como Courtyard so badly it hurts...just a little out of my price range as a starving college student. lol BUT I do wish you the best of luck, and I hope you take lots of wonderful pictures for me to live vicariously through! :)

Shea Goff said...

Wow.

I'm sorry.

And thank you.