Wednesday, April 17, 2013

policy


Leonard Cohen Old Ideas World Tour, Orpheum Memphis


I work at avoiding work and he says, You can't do it all on your own. Everybody needs help.

I'm not doing it all on my own.

You're not willing to be in a relationship.

I have many relationships.

You know what I mean?

Yes but I question that requirement. 

We are here for that relationship.

Everyone?

Yes.

I'm your rib?

Yes.

Ummmm. Hm. No. No, I'm not your rib.

Why do you fight it?

There's no struggle.

That's a lie.

You're right.




Today I am grateful for honesty when in the end we both just needed to be right and how sometimes it could be sad but okay to say a very loving and sweet goodbye.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Almost all of our relationships begin and most of them continue as forms of mutual exploitation, a mental or physical barter, to be terminated when one or both parties run out of goods." Think this quote sums it up.

Shea Goff said...

I'm getting there. Thank you for your help.

Anonymous said...

Anytime