Friday, April 19, 2013

he's the daddy

The night Josh tried out for the Tarantino part.


There are times I think, Oh please. Not this. This again? Seriously?

Then I remember we're going somewhere and we have no idea where because life curves and swirls and all of a sudden it's been a year and a half.

A year and a half of change and the kind of joy which scares you at what kind of joy that is.


Fear and joy and love and he just started walking around trying to keep his heart from exploding.


And it's nine whole months containing forty weeks of going from tadpole to needing a shoe.







And then one night he's all, Oh shit and hallelujah and what in the world is happening, just let everybody live.




Then boom. She's here.












And that's the theme for the rest of his life.









When it's done right.








Today I am grateful to accept that we are all on some weird boat ride and some boats take a turn and some follow the moon and some are steered by incredible captains.

3 comments:

Chantel said...

I swear my boat is spinning in the Bahama Triangle....

And as usual, this is just simply lovely. The moments caught so crisp and honest and fraught with adrenalin and anticipation in equal measure.

I cherish your vision.

Shea Goff said...

I hope you reach some calm waters soon, Chantel. All I know to advise is "hold on, honey" but I don't even know if that's right.

And as usual, thank you for the encouragement. I cherish your comments.

Anonymous said...

From being a tadpole to needing shoes...brilliant...