Saturday, April 27, 2013

climbing stairs


It reminds me of my Papaw's house, the cousins and how high can you climb and jump. 
How the adults would be in the kitchen finally getting to spend time with each other and one would say, What are the kids doing?


Knowing what I know now I am almost positive my Mom and her siblings and their spouses, our parents, took turns seeing whose child had instigated some death defying feat.



The interrogation which followed went something like this.

Dad: Shea, what are you doing?
Me: We're seeing how high we can get on the stairs and jump. Watch me. I can do it from here.
Dad: Get down from there.
Me: But Daddy.
Dad: Get down.


Obviously his goal in life at the time was to embarrass me in front of my cousins who were cowered at the bottom of the staircase attempting to utilize their power of invisibility. It worked. He never even saw them. Just pointed his finger at me. With head held down in the all too common I'll figure something else out seething, I went down those steps then looked up at him and said, 


Yes sir.




There were concrete steps outside. He didn't say anything about those.











Today I am grateful for memories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok so I know this is one of your older posts, but I just stumbled upon your blog, and it is beautiful...the pictures, the words, all the humble heartfelt emotion. I just wanted to let you know this and ask you how much it would cost for a print of one of your photos which I have not yet chosen as I have not yet finished going through them yet. lol Please let me know, and always ALWAYS continue to write!!!

Shea Goff said...

Um.
I am at a loss to respond to such kindness.


wow.
If you would like a print of a photograph from this blog I would be honored to send it to you. You would just have to let me know what you wanted and I would have to price it on this end.


Otherwise.
Just.
Thank you. Sincerely.