Wednesday, March 20, 2013

the nobody




He already got on the bus. We heard the news last night.
I met his mother but only after sitting with her for a couple of hours.

You're his Mom?

Yes.



This is where I held my breath.




He may get a post office box.


Exhale.

Good.






A man once stood across another room from me. A grown man of who I called sir who cried and told me what was happening with his daughter and   I   never    moved. One of the most shameful admissions I'll ever make is when someone needed me I froze.



She says he is going to write a book about his experience. I think I'll be the first to buy it.
After his Mom and all those other ladies of course.


I helped make plarn last night.
I told her she had been in my prayers.
I listened as she told us why he left.
I touched her arm as we were leaving.





Today I am grateful for the opportunity not to freeze and understand the best we could do was put our heads down and work.









4 comments:

Chantel said...

Knowing you is an honor, my friend.

Elisa Mayo said...

Amen

Anonymous said...

Little said....amazing vibs from it.

Shea Goff said...

Oh Chantel, you are way too kind. But thank you for being here and being such a beautiful friend.

Elisa, yeah.


Cool, Anonymous. I have a t-shirt that mentions good vibes.