Sunday, March 31, 2013

nine



Aunt Shea, what were you before?

Before I was an astronaut?





You're not an astronaut.

I'm almost hurt you don't believe me. If I was an astronaut I'd be really hurt.





Fur real. What were you?

I sometimes worked with kids who were in a hospital because they weren't as lucky as you and me.







What do you mean?


Well. Sometimes they didn't have families or support or sometimes their families didn't treat them well.




Can't they help themselves?

Yep. They have to, but they're just kids so they need other people to help them as well.






Why?

'Cause we all need help, silly. Think about it. How much help do you have?





You've got your Mom and Dad and Madalyn and Keith and all their families and that is so many people who love you and support you and are always cheering for you.



Not everybody has that, kid. You do.



Happy Birthday, Jess.




Today I am grateful to know this kid.

2 comments:

Chantel said...

And I am grateful to know you.

An astronaut, really? :)

Shea Goff said...

And I you, Chantel.

Totally an astronaut.