Friday, March 15, 2013

interview

I receive a phone call after giving out my number which is weird, the whole giving out of a number thing. It is Justin Snow, who is this kid. this guy. this young adult. this voice who calls mine m'am.

I take four pages of notes.
At one point I say, Um. Justin. Hold up.
He does.
I have four pages of notes and you. ohmygosh, you keep going.
I know, I know, it's just that I am so passionate.

Yes I know, Justin. You are. You have me convinced.

He pauses.

But I have to hear your music. I have to see what you do. There is one thing I am going to tell you. The camera likes a certain thing.

Yes m'am.

You can't sing to the camera.
What the camera searches for is. belief.

Yes m'am.

When you play you play like you are alone.

Yes m'am.



Today I am grateful for a conversation with this kid. this guy. this young adult. this voice who calls mine m'am.

I think I am going to see him at Christy's.
Remember?








Hopefully Dawn Early can be there and we can bring you back photos that show you who Justin sees.
And Tempa, what Tempa has going on is amazing. 

No comments: