Thursday, March 28, 2013

collaborate






I have been asked to be part of a writer's group whichisaprivilegeIknow.

It's just that.

um.








I don't critique anymore.
Maybe they'll be alright if I limit my comments to those things I love.





My self imposed first assignment comes from a writing teacher who gave me time.
Flash fiction, five hundred word limit, must contain a man in black, a fishbowl and a train.






Today I am grateful for the opportunity to stretch and see if, ohgoodgosh, I am any better of a writer than I was eight years ago.





2 comments:

Chantel said...

Oooh, I'm excited for you! I've been considering going back to school for some writing thing or another, just to be forced to write more, outside my wheelhouse--and get some unbiased critique.

Anyway, you're gonna be brilliant...and the world should have a bit more of you, truly.

Shea Goff said...

Ahhhhh, I ran out of time this morning but at least I got the piece submitted. It was definitely a stretch. We'll see what the group thinks.

But.

Here's the thing.

Writing to please scares me. The result of that fear in this piece meant I may have challenged my reader to not be so pleased. We'll see.

Also, Chantel. I don't deserve all the praises you give but I surely appreciate them.