Wednesday, February 27, 2013

a bad day

The man now predicts a bad day.
My assignment is to prove him wrong.

He used to tell me and now I often remember, Don't bet on another man's game.
He always said that right after he beat me in a game of horse.



Surely something resides within us which says, There is light.

There is one bright spot.

Gambling before breakfast can be a good thing.





What I have greedily snatched from yesterday and brought with me today is a laugh we had about Kim, about how we were going to turn her over to those people who produce the show called Animal Hoarders 'cause we watched that yesterday and that was scary and a possum came out that nobody even knew lived there amongst the bajillion cats who had taken over the house and I don't      

what?


There is mental illness in this world. I know that. It's not a laughing matter.





It's just that the one bright spot of our day was the laugh we shared about Kim, the three cats and a dog named Harley.



Today I am grateful to spend time with the man now, to have another laugh, to see him smile in what was sure to be a bad day.



No comments: