Tuesday, January 29, 2013

untitled


What Shelby said.


Hello.

Shea. Have you seen the new eat.drink.Mississippi?

No. What?


This is an increase in pulse, a holding of breath. The brain, it cycles. Did Mom get her's in the mail? How did she ask the question? Is she trying to sound upbeat because she knew what I hoped and what is she talking about? Mom is not one to joke. Will she ever say another word? Will I ever find out? This is the longest phone conversation I ever had. She's not talking. Why isn't she saying anything?


What?


You haven't seen it?

Momwhat?

Rhonda shared it on the computer. Annie made the cover.



This is when I may or may not have cried.





Today I am grateful for little fairies who are obviously working behind the scenes of what I dream, how  maybe when we put ourselves around humans who create we become part of their creation.








Um.   yeah.    I'll just savor this one for a minute.

3 comments:

molly hawkins said...

anxious to get mine in the mail ~ YAY!! :))

Anonymous said...

Good job, if I wasn't anonymous I would give you a high five.

Shea Goff said...

Yes, Molly. Definitely. I can't wait to hold it in my hands. Yay!



Maybe we can just call this our virtual high five, Anonymous. Thank you.