Monday, January 7, 2013

giving winner, Nana







Jesse.

Yes.

Are you ready?

You know the look. Bobblehead nod, eyes so bright. Yes, Aunt Shea.

Okay. Where's your song?

She reaches over and pulls the paper across the table to face us, It's here.

Here?

Yes.

Is it about give? I pick up the piece of paper and examine it.

Yes.

You want to sing it for me?

Right here? We are at Grammie's in the dining room.

Yes.








Okay. Let's do this.
Mom and Wyatt are there and listen of what Wyatt can hear some but sees all. He sees all the excitement. You can see it in his face.


Draw a name from this bowl.

Right here? This one?

Yep.
And when you draw it I want you to say the name out loud. Read it. Understand?

Yes, Aunt Shea.









What does it say?


She says.


I hold the song in front of her. Here, Jess, I mouth the words.


And she sings.




She sings about give.






She looks at the other names. She, Grammie and I discuss what give is and each name pulled from the bowl is read and who they are is told.

You. Each six of you who put your name in that bowl.
Thank you.

I wish I could buy the world a canvas print of what they love and I wish I could buy one for all six of you, but it looks like Slater's Nana is taking this one. Everything just works out, doesn't it?


Here. Listen.


Today I am grateful for the give, for Jesse's song, for what feels like a swirl of love.








8 comments:

Anonymous said...

O well maybe next time, loved the song.

Nana said...

OH MY!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! I feel like a kid on CHRISTMAS morning!! Thank you so much.I can't wait!!!!!

Chantel said...

I love Nana's joy--totally made me grin. Congratulations!

Chantel said...

I love Nana's joy--totally made me grin. Congratulations!

Chantel said...

Lol--your comment mobster keeps telling me I didn't "type in the right letters" and then posts me twice!!

Shea Goff said...

Anonymous, we loved telling her about you. About how some stranger that we don't even know their name offers encouragement. She smiled, those eyes brightened.


Nan. ohgoodgosh Nan. I love you.


And Chantel I am so sorry about my comment mobster but your trouble with the comment mobster made me laugh so I need to send a thank you note to my own little angel out there. It's always great to see you here. You would totally love Nan for sure!

Anonymous said...

Happy this blog gives me a chance to encourage and brighten, got a lot more to say just have trouble spelling it. Now its time to fight that comment mobster, its tough being a robot.

Shea Goff said...

What a beautiful robot you are, Anonymous.