Sunday, January 6, 2013

girl

I wake up to a voice, not music. It is a woman's voice though for me it will always have some girl in it. You know you've reached a certain age when you look down and hope they don't grow up.
Our children are adults.








It is sorta kinda weirdly crazy that I would say, You. Don't go.
Why would I say that any more to her than I would Slater?

Plus, she  is   our          military.
People.






Yes. I heard from her and she still has that voice and those principles and she dreams of high heels sometimes when she wears work boots where work is capitalized and underlined and you, you would love her. When she is not serving our nation, you and me, we the people, she serves us and we better deserve it.



We better.


On her days off she is flying rescued pets in this nation.





Today I am grateful to know a woman who once called me fabulous and fearless and that made me cry.  Good tears of what those words from that woman with a twist of girl's voice would cry.




New music. (thank you, Chantel)

6 comments:

Chantel said...

Dag girl, you make me cry a bit. What a wonderful woman...we owe them everything.

Chantel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chantel said...

Sorry about the "double"--my comp seems to be stuttering this morning...

Shea Goff said...

She always makes me cry but only in one of those how lucky am I to know her ways. We do, Chantel. We owe them.

Loved the double which turned into a triple and I thought I was popular. Then I saw the comments from you and I smiled. Thank you, my friend.

ellen said...

Smiling in Alabama, too.

Shea Goff said...

Just saw this comment, Ellen.
I love it when Alabama smiles.