Saturday, November 10, 2012

selfish saturday, Harley






He says, Nothing is selfless.


She says, Wait. What you're saying is nothing is done without selfish intent?


What I am saying is that you can't give without getting. It's not possible.


Interesting. Go on.


Giving releases endorphins. You do it because it makes you feel good.


Hm. Okay. Sounds like a win win to me.


Not always, he says. Sometimes people don't want what you're giving.


So maybe I should wait till I am asked?



Not a bad rule to follow.



**********




If I told you a dog walked up to a house with a dead chicken in her mouth and two months later you could find her in doggie daycare, graduating from obedience class and living the high life would you believe me?

I guess it happens all the time.
But we're talking Harley here.
And Harley has taken over Kim's life.

It's so great to hear Kim have a dog. They had cats, three I guess. One rescued from inside a wall, but Kim had told Mark for at least a year she wanted a dog. Though she was scared at first, you know, the dead chicken and all. It wasn't long before Harley was getting a bath, having her own bed, learning the cats and becoming the center of a home.


Basically I should have given Kim a baby shower where everyone brought gifts. It seems that Mark and Kim have had another child. But no. Wait.

It's already time for graduation.
I should be sending a gift.





************






Today I am grateful for laughing with Kim on the phone and good instructions from my boy.

2 comments:

Chantel said...

Awww...loved this. The unexpected is often the most amazing, right?

Shea Goff said...

Ah yes, Chantel. I think so.