Friday, November 2, 2012

in the vicinity

There is a harvest happening here. Families can be found doing a dance in their front yards. Some on their knees, some looking up into the trees. It was even reported that one gentleman was seen throwing a stick up into the tree as if he was mad at it or something.


Reports now say he was simply trying to break it's release.



Already done.


Not yet.


Yes. People are gathering pecans.


Seen in yards all around you and at my favorite produce stand up the road on the right.
Yes.
Again.
It's Mathis.


Taking pictures of Lisa and those pecans and the customers is about street photography as I get.


That girl moves at the speed of light.


Shelling pecans with one hand behind her back.


Lisa said, Shea, don't you put a bad picture of me on the internet.
I responded, Like I could take a bad picture, Lisa.


She smiled and I knew there was no doubt she could take me in a fight.
If you don't hear from me tomorrow it's cause Lisa didn't like a photo.



Today I am grateful for how our land and trees and rivers and creeks feed us.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mornings when I open that "aroma seal" on the red can of , I can make it thru the day now, I get that feeling of relief and its gonna be good now. This blog " Creek Royalty" has become another " aroma seal " for my day, never been much of a reader nor a writer. Thanks for what you do and how you do it.

Shea Goff said...

That is one of the kindest things anyone has ever written to me. Brought tears to my eyes and now I feel like a total sap. Thank you, Anonymous.

Another thing. I like that you're anonymous. That you and me and people everywhere walking the streets are some of the kindest humans we could ever meet. Thank you for starting my Friday with that thought.

Anonymous said...

Wish I wasn't, anonymous, at times. I would love to give you a high five, at times.

Chantel said...

The two of you.....renew my hope. xo

Shea Goff said...

Anonymous, I am a total high fiver, which means I'd be sure to ruin it. I always get too excited, go at it too hard, lose my focus, don't slap the entire hand, fingers get caught up in the mess and well, I treasure your comment.


And you mine, Chantel. xo