Thursday, November 1, 2012

equipment





I sold my house to live in a camera and two lenses and a couple of filters and a MacBook Pro. The camera has no roof, indoor plumbing, central heat and air or two awesome porches. Lucky for me my parents do.






I never wanted to list my equipment before because I thought that would be arrogant. One of those, well, if you like my photos then here is how you do them. Why would you like my photos, it would be conceited to think you liked what I did.

Plus, what if Canon didn't like what I did.
They could ask for their equipment back in some weird letter.


Dear Shea,

We would like to replace your Canon with this Nikon we bought especially for you. Please return the Canon to us. Now go tell people you use Nikon.

Thanks,
Canon



Then Chantel and Anonymous were, as usual, complimentary.
Which is nice.
Thank you, you two and facebook friends and those with whom we spoke today.


And thank you, the following, for helping me do a photo.
Equipment: Canon 5D Mark III (Body)
                   Canon Rebel T2i (Body)
                   Canon EFS 17-55mm f/2.8
                   Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8
                   Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8
                   My filters are Tiffen and B&W.
                   MacBook with iPhoto and Photoshop.
                   Hughes Net
Editors: Patsy Miller and Rick Todd and Kim Parker and You
Social Network Sites: Blogger
                                   Google+
                                   Facebook

Artistic direction provided by Josh Miller, or Robert or one of his other aliases. Though I doubt he would take any responsibility, Apple should send him a sales commission in their own little dollars. All I do is buy him lunch. (his fists raise to the sky)

Printing done by Ben at Mitchell Companies in Meridian.



Did I just do some kind of weird Oscar speech with all the thank yous? 
I feel so dirty.








Today the very special shout out gratitude goes to receiving a call from that guy who is in college who blows my mind with how smart and brilliant and kind and loving and ohgoodgosh he made a 97 on his first of only two Engineering for Physics' tests.

That guy, I am so very grateful for him.



No comments: