Wednesday, August 8, 2012

when there is a breeze

It's been a long time, baby.
Yes, it has.
Why don't ja stick around?
'Cause I always go. It's kinda my thing, ya' know.
Yes, I know. But why?
Depending on who you ask, I guess.



It is a front porch with a swing, all screened in.
The swing used to be on the other end.
We'd swing together.
It has since gotten a carport.



You at least staying the weekend?
One night.
I guess I should feel lucky.
There ya' go. that's a good way to look at it.



The kitchen looks out over the den, smaller than what is here but plenty of room.
There'll be a loveseat, a leather chair. Slater's toy box, the coffee table.
My desk to the right under three windows.
A horse, a spider.



What if I wanted more?
Then I would support you in finding it.
You'd lose me.
That's sad.
You'd risk losing me?
You're holding yourself hostage?



Formal dining and formal living will be closed off.
Though I wonder if I can stick to it.
Maybe it is where we'll have Sunday lunch or maybe dinner.
That's how it used to be.






Because you come here for your latest movie recommendations of movies that are not the latest and because this post is sponsored by the lit candle on my desk, soundtrack by Ray LaMontagne Gossip in the Grain, I would have to suggest the movie Drive. It is intense and surprisingly quiet and complete sexiness in one scene. Confusing, serious, it makes you uncomfortable. You may talk to the screen and warn one of the characters. He can't hear you. I only know this because I tried.





Today I am grateful for an upswing, what got sent my way, blessings abound, how did that happen, don't question it kind of day.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, will be nice having you back maybe our paths will cross. Bring me a t shirt from sothern thunder HD, XL.

Shea Goff said...

Thank you, Anonymous.

Sorry about the t-shirt but can't walk in one of those places. Scared I'll trip and fall into the money sucking vortex they've created. Quite genius, those people.

Who are you?

Anonymous said...

Dont really know :)

Shea Goff said...

Existential crisis, huh? I understand.

Anonymous said...

Google' d that fancy word you used on me, now i am really confused, sounds like you got me.

Shea Goff said...

This made me laugh out loud. Thank you, Anonymous.