Thursday, July 12, 2012

Galena

We drive for an hour then take a right because narrow roads seem more appealing. Lay some gravel over some dirt, put a couple of cows in a pasture and someone feels like they are home. Make sure the sky is a baby blue and the clouds, they are all puffy. My customers are looking for a destination but I have needed this journey. Smack in the middle of eight thousand acres we find a man who takes me to another. I ask a simple question, tell him I am amazed. How silly am I to not know this is only the beginning? Soon his farmhand is taking me to the waterfall.


The waterfall? Really?





Today I am grateful to let go and allow life to happen. It can be okay that sometimes I got in my own way.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kinda rubbin it in, aintcha. :)

Shea Goff said...

I think the fact that I left out the part where Edwards Burns was there waiting under the waterfall shows I was totally trying to downplay the whole experience. ;)

Chantel said...

I am so grateful for you. Strange to feel such affection for someone I've never met. The comments you leave, the stories you tell, life through your eyes...

Thank you for being you.

Shea Goff said...

Chantel, sometimes the people around us just by their being there help us to know we are okay. You are definitely one of those people for me. Thank you.