Saturday, June 16, 2012

pray







If in the span of time our lives are a blink of the eye then I will hold my eyes open for this hour. I will listen. When the conversation becomes uncomfortable I will make a feeble attempt at a joke. You will tell me everything that maybe I needed to know. I will try to relate.

Cringing I will understand it is my last ditch effort to make this a better place for you. In the world I want you are able to get a good night's sleep. People consider your needs. There is a kindness all around you. Superior, inferior, those words have been deleted. A good day's work is when you feel good about the work you have done. The meals you eat sustain you.

You are able to expand your mind while you work your muscles. You know when to speak though you always have the freedom to do so. Violence, that was just some silly movie. People are honest or they don't say anything at all. Everyday you're able to help a lady cross the street or at the very least dispense some of your wisdom. I would want that for the world but most of all, selfishly, I am so selfish in how I want it for you.




Today I am grateful to understand there are still things I can do for you.







3 comments:

Chantel said...

This picture stuns me. May I paint it?

Sharon Longworth said...

It's too long since I visited your blog - but I'm glad I did today - your words and pictures drew me right in.

Shea Goff said...

Chantel, just that you want to makes me happy. Have at it and then post it 'cause I want to see it. yay.

Thank you, Sharon. As always, it is a pleasure to have you here.