Thursday, June 28, 2012

formidable



She doesn't do housework anymore and she doesn't mind she is ninety-four 'cause all those years, they were good. I need to sit a spell, listen to her stories but life seems, I don't know, rushed. Though in this place during these few moments I remember someone who used to collect rainwater for my baths and how I thought strawberries grew naturally in her yard and when an entire afternoon could never be wasted in a swing on her front porch.


Today I am so very grateful for the women in my life.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This reminds me of something I need to do more often with the women in my life. Thank you.

Shea Goff said...

You're welcome, Sarah. From what I've seen you've got some pretty fantastic women around you as well. We're both incredibly blessed. Happy Friday to ya'!