Sunday, June 17, 2012

day o' dad


I did not take this picture and I am not sure who did but kudos to the unknown photographer. I treasure it. 


This was a couple of years before he found out he would have a daughter and almost a decade later his wife would give birth to their second and last son. Now all these years have past and I struggle to write who exactly he is. As if pressure mounts on this one day which seems silly since there was never a day he wasn't my Daddy. Even in this photograph I see him as that, even before he knew.

We'll just say it is 18 & 430 and I'll throw my hands up by giving thanks to the one man who gave me such a strong sense of family.



Today I am grateful that the world set aside a day for Daddy though there was never a day he wasn't that. Everyday I have and will consider myself a lucky girl in large part because of this man.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best feeling in the world this morning when my little girl kissed and hugged me and said that ones free daddy, not knowing I would give anything in the world.

Shea Goff said...

Sweet.
What a nice little economy between fathers and daughters. Don't tell her I told you, but I'm willing to bet, they'll always be free whenever you need them.