Friday, April 6, 2012

sigh

Quiet





I want to tell him I'll do better this time but I don't know if that's true so I don't say anything. The value of silence has occurred to me only recently when the need to fill space with words left.

Nothing feels nice.

a break.

a breath.

a rest.

When given time he begins to talk to himself, reason with all those voices in his head. Though the day is clear and sunny and this drive is nice, the war begins and the enemies are revealed. Of course we are the good guys. Nobody could ever convince us otherwise.






I am so very grateful to have finally learned to listen and discover us in what you begin to say.




This quote from W.H. Auden makes me smile, and I hope it does for you as well.
We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know.

No comments: