Wednesday, April 4, 2012

nuptials of the upcoming kind

I never did think I would be one to do weddings. There were at least a couple of reasons, one of which is the bride's view of what that day means. If a woman has been looking forward to a day, preparing for an event in which she may even have a hope chest filled with certain items she has saved, if there are precise images in her head of what those photographs may look like, if in her high school yearbook she was voted most likely to star in the Bridezilla series, then I couldn't imagine me accepting so much responsibility. For a photographer a wedding can hold so much expectation and a massive amount of work. Work has never scared me, but I've been known to crumble under the slightest of expectations.

I did this wedding but I doubted anyone had noticed and that was fine. Then Madalyn asked, and I didn't even hesitate in saying yes. First of all, she is no bridezilla. In fact, she's surprisingly relaxed. Secondly,  I never aspired to live in poverty so if it's weddings that will help pay my way then weddings it will be. Last but not least is she trusts me with her day. It feels like an incredible honor so I study and get equipment and try my very best to wow her with at least one shot. (but hopefully many)

Sunday we spent about an hour roaming around and taking pictures. These were to be their engagement photos, and I quickly fell back into old habits but was lucky enough to find a few we liked. Seriously, with a couple this gorgeous how can you not get a good shot?









I am grateful for opportunity and Madalyn's faith.

5 comments:

Shea Goff said...

Beautiful pictures. Jason and Madalyn are stunning and you made them look even more so. Great job. Can't wait to see the wedding photos!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The last comment came from Shea's mom. Must learn how to comment.

Shea Goff said...

You are so sweet and that is so funny. Maybe I should log out of my gmail the next time I leave. Thanks, Mom!!

Sarah said...

I reaaaaaaalllly like the reflection in the water. Come take pictures of me..I need something newer than senior year of high school when I was about 15lbs lighter of fat and about 10lbs lighter of muscle.

Never the less, I LOVE seeing your photography. It makes me smile because I know the person on the other side of the camera is loving what they're doing.

Shea Goff said...

Oh good, Sarah. Thank you. I hear there's a little town outside of Birmingham where we could meet up. Shoot me an email and we'll figure it out.

And yes, you're right. I do love it.