Wednesday, April 4, 2012

eight


We are on a photo shoot because she got a camera for turning eight. I tell her she can have anything she wants. It's on me. She opts for lemon drops then changes her mind and chooses a chocolate muffin she'll later have all over her face.





It is the first day of April so she tricks me six different times and I tell her I'll never believe another word she says. Then she changes the conversation and chastises me for not going to church. A sly one, she is.


Sometimes I think it must be difficult being small in such a big world. Other times I don't think she even notices how crazy large it is so we just roll down the windows, ride the back roads, listen to music, sing and try to find a place to take a shot.





Today I am grateful for time spent with Jess.

No comments: