Monday, March 19, 2012

light

On a walk by the library
Edited


Ken: You're gonna need three lights.
Me: Oh no, please don't say so. I don't like artificial light.
Ken: (pauses with stern look) You have to learn to use it.
Me: I don't like what it does. I like natural light.
Ken: It is your job to make artificial light look natural.


In his Mississippi book there is a picture of a magnolia (of course there is). It is the closest I have ever come to feeling a flower in a photograph. I don't know what he did with the light, but it is so beautifully soft.


Today I ordered my first manual flash. Also, I am shooting a wedding in a couple of months and while looking around for ideas I found this guy. Hello, light.


Again, I am so very grateful for teachers. They are everywhere.

No comments: