Thursday, January 26, 2012

job

One thought triggers another which in turn causes another that relates to another and there you have it, the begat. Walls which rise and floors that tap, sunlight pours and fills. The table feeds and music flows. Friends gather, ideas exchanged and one takes notes. A rowdy bunch, laughter ensues. Forty three sentences in and there you have it, the one. The light flickers, eyes twinkle, everyone knows. Fingers pointed, heads turned. Assignments are made. Groans heard. One last laugh and a punch in the gut, the people scatter.

Just another day at work.




In gratitude.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, intrigue...

Anonymous said...

nice rhythm, read that paragraph instantly. i would pretend to be smarter and google the proper word and spelling for what it is that writers employ to dictate the rhythm in which the reader reads. A lot of poets use it, I know that. it's a cool word. ah hell, I can't think of it and google just seems like too much work. damn it, what is the word. the word even fits the meaning, it sounds like the thing it describes.

Shea Goff said...

I don't know the right word. I do know a word, a long one but it's not the right one 'cause this one is the one in which the inanimate object makes an animate sound and the word sounds like the sound, like the book thumped the ground.

I can't spell it and I, too, am too lazy to google. this, my friend, must be the time in one's life when he/she discovers they are as lazy as they could have ever been.

I call this the Cohen ramble. It is some of the best music I have found in which to write. Lovely.

Anonymous said...

Cadence and onomatopoeia

Shea Goff said...

thank you