Monday, January 9, 2012

groceries





Three weeks before now when the diet was supposed to start in a week I bought bacon. It had been over a year since I had bought bacon but what if I got on the diet and missed bacon. Thick sliced bacon. Bacon.

Bacon.

Bacon.

Bacon.

Then there was a pot roast with carrots and celery and onion seared and slow cooked for a day over homemade cream cheese mashed potatoes and topped with a thick creamy portabella mushroom gravy.

And what about sharp cheddar? A slice of sharp cheddar on a saltine. Then another.

Blueberry pancakes, coleslaw with Aunt Marilyn's bread and butter pickles and mayonnaise. Mayonnaise. The tart of a creamy ceasar dressing.

Salt.

Butter. Did you see V for Vendetta when Natalie Portman's character tasted the butter? They will try and take the butter. Must stockpile butter.

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

Whiskey and wine.

Oh sweet Jesus of how I love these things so.






Then I saw these cherries. These cherries saved my life.   for now.



And I am grateful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have felt the sting of want because of dr. hayman. Those cherries do look amazing, you captured them in all their deliciousness. for me, it has been grapes, I eat them in four bites trying to enjoy every bit of them. perhaps at the end of the three weeks that is what i will take from this cleansing, to eat with slow enjoyment. Right now though, I might kill for lasagna.

Shea Goff said...

that's it. today someone dies for lasagna. first thing on my list.