Tuesday, December 13, 2011

slow

Don't buy into hype any more than you pay for insults. In fact, it'd be great if you stopped consuming altogether, he says.

I watch her look at him, look down, bat her really long (are they fake) eyelashes. She reaches her arms up high, stretches and looks back at him. Smiles a huge grin she's been practicing her whole life, giggles and says, I don't know what you're talking about.

I'll talk slower 'cause ya' know there are slow people in this world. I've seen 'em and had to talk to 'em so I'll slow down for you.

Shortly thereafter she exits the room and for whatever reason I have yet to pinpoint she jingles when she walks. I wished I cared more to figure out, you know, so as to ask her. Instead I sit where she's been sitting and say, I get it, Daddy. Talk slow for me.

Well you see, Boog, don't believe nothing anybody tells you about yo' self. They don't know shit whether it be good or bad. Don't tell your Mama I said shit.

You know I'm gonna tell her as soon as she wakes up.

He pulls the toothpick out of his mouth, looks me in the eyes and says, You are aren't cha?

Yeah, I just told you I was. Do I need to say it slower?

And I think this is when we both bust out laughing.



Merry Christmas and gratitude.






No comments: