Saturday, October 8, 2011

care

When did you stop caring?


Yesterday at 2:14pm.


Oh. Serious. I'm being serious.


Maybe the question presents itself as being less serious than what your tone implies.


Just answer the question.


I did.


You stopped caring yesterday at 2:14pm?


Yes.


Why?


Because that is when your questions became absurd to me.


What?


Your questions are absurd.


That's mean.


I don't care.


Nice.


Listen, it's not that I don't care at all. It's just that I care about different things now. It's okay. We can care about different things now.


What do you care about?


This conversation ending. Life happening. Giving and receiving love. Learning. Family. Friendships. Beautiful days. Laughter. Are we really talking about this?


Well, it just looked like you stopped caring.


Hm. Well, thank you for caring about that. I guess.

No comments: